Friday, November 14, 2014

Poem: Care

Care
I do not deserve your kind of care
The thought stays deep within my mind
I fear I can’t respond in kind
To rosy cheeks and downy hair
Yours is a special kind of love
Which when the one you love you meet
Treat them as if they were a treat
That you and they go hand in glove.
I cannot make an even trade
For I can’t follow your love in fashion
I cannot imagine a stormy glade
Or stars that bedeck the night in passion
I fear I can’t return your stare
I do not deserve your kind of care.


Author Note: Sonnets! Simultaneously the most frustrating and most interesting form of poetry in all the languages that use them. Continuing the theme from the previous post, this was another time when I was experimenting with various poetic styles to see what I could make of them. Who is the subject of the poem? Who is the speaker? Does it matter? The meter isn't quite right all the time, but overall I tried to follow the rules and I'm pretty proud of this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment