Friday, November 7, 2014

Poetry: Help! I'm Trapped in a Poem and I Can't Get Out!

Help! I’m Trapped in a Poem and I Can’t Get Out!
Who am I? Where am I?
Why am I- oh
Was that a line break?
I think it was
And here’s another
Wow, that’s interesting
            And here’s an indent!
                        Abstract
                                    Fancy
I like it!
Too bad there’s no rhyme scheme
            Or meter
            Or cohesion
            I mean,
                        It’s hardly Shakespeare
But it’s okay, I guess
            Maybe
Oh, hello! Who are you?
Why do you have an eraser?
Ouch! That tic
(This poem has been discontinued.)


Author Notes: I decided to get a little meta with this one. I wondered, what happened if a poem became self-aware? What would would it think of its creator, the poet? How would a creator respond to an unintentionally sentient poem? All of these thoughts went into this, but really, I just thought it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment